Lauren Gerrie’s Chewy Tahini Cookies
So this is one of my favorite cookie recipes that is so damn easy and the cookies are easily adaptable with different nut flours. This time of year I like using Hazelnut Flour or Almond flour and serving them with fresh strawberries & cream or yogurt! These cookies are so damn delicious and in the summer they are perfect for ice cream sandwiches because they are chewy and easy to bite through even when frozen!
- 1/2 cup (white or black or both) sesame seeds(for rolling)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour or Hazelnut Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup honey or high quality maple syrup
- 1/3 cup SOOM tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- I also love adding spice to my recipe, so sometimes I will include 1/2 Teaspoon of chili or cardamom
Preheat oven to 350˚ and line two baking sheets with parchment. In one bowl combine all the dry ingredients with a whisk. In another bowl combine all the wet ingredients with a whisk. Add wet into dry and combine with a spatula. Use a 1.5 inch ice cream scoop or scoop balls that are about 1 tablespoon, roll them in the sesame seeds, then flatten them into discs.
Bake for 8 minutes and allow to cool on the baking sheets before transferring to an airtight container.