Daal with Rice and Pickled Mango by Sam Goinsalvos
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 Cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 Cups of split orange lentils
- 6 Cups of chicken stock
- 1 Thai chili
- Mustard oil
- Madras curry
- Pickled mango
- Cook the onions and garlic hard in olive oil so they char a bit.
- Add curry powder until it blooms.
- Add lentils, a couple drops of mustard oil, a few thin slices of Thai chilis, and chicken stock and cook until soft and mushy.
- Salt to taste. Top with more charred onions and serve with rice and pickled mango, a little yogurt, and cilantro on the side.